Without a doubt, shortbread cookies are my all time favorite one each time I’d love a cup of black coffee. There’s a difference between biscuits and cookies that sometimes people think they resemble to each other. Biscuits are double – baked, such as biscotti of Italian. Thus, cookies can’t be stored (even in an airtight container) over a month if you still want the cookies retain its crisp. My recipe has a larger amount of butter than other shortbread cookies’ recipes to avoid the taste of overwhelming of flour.
– 2 cups (256g ) all purpose flour
– 2 sticks (226g) unsalted butter at room temperature
– 1/8 tsp salt
– 1/2 cup regular sugar
– 1 tsp grated lemon zest
– 1 tsp lemon extract
– Sparkling sugar for decorating
– Mix all the ingredients except the sparkling sugar just until they incorporate. Note that don’t over mix your cookie dough or it won’t be airy and result in the something we call “brick”
– Keep refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 1 hour or until it’s firm to have an easy cutting
– Roll the dough into 1/4 inch thick and use the favorite shaped cutter to cut the dough.
– Sprinkle the sparkling sugar onto the surface of the cookies.
– Bake at 350 F for 10-15 minutes or until the cookies are slightly brown.