I wanna reconfirm that I do like spaghetti cooked with dry wine, and it’s unforgettable if white wine is combined with shrimp. You are wondering the outcome of that mixture, aren’t you ? I believe you will have no regret for making this dish.
Spaghetti is the most interesting pasta I like among the uncountable Italian noodle because spaghetti is not so thick like fettuccine but is firmer than linguine. I also like combining caramelized onion or anise with spaghetti. Try it and let me know your result.
Ingredients ( for 2-4 servings )
– 300 g dried spaghetti
– 1/2 cup dry white wine
– 9 jumbo shrimp, peeled
– 3/4 stick butter
– 1 anise, with white thinky sliced and green chopped
– 1 big red bell pepper
– salt and pepper
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– grill the red pepper until it’s blackened outside then put it into a bowl and cover for 15 minute.
– after 15 minutes, peel the grilled pepper and slice it thinly.
– heat oil and add the white part of anise. Stir fry until it’s soft for around 15 minutes.
– cook the spaghetti in salty water for 10 minutes or until al dente
– add the shrimp and red pepper to the stir fried anise. Add in white wine and bring it to a boil. Cook the shrimp for 5 minutes then add in the butter
– stir in cooked spaghetti and green part of anise and cook for 1 minute. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to your taste
– serve warm