I made this recipe randomly when my refrigerator left me only anchovies in oil and one sweet onion, but thank for my ignorant time, this recipe is good enough to make me decide to cook this spaghetti again. The anchovy flavor is quite strong, making the spaghetti has the unique flavor. I do think for someone that is fed up with the red sauce spaghetti, give this dish a try and you will see that any food can be boring except the spaghetti. You can create any flavored spaghetti as long as our earth still has something that is edible.
– 250 g dried spaghetti
– 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
– 3 big portobello mushroom, sliced
– 150 g salted anchovies in olive oil
– salt and freshly ground black pepper
– reserve 2 tbsp of olive oil from salted anchovies then add the oil to a shallow pan, cook the sliced onion in medium heat until the onion is soft , around 5-10 minutes
– add in the mushroom. Stir for 3 minutes until the mushroom is soft and the water from mushroom comes out.
– meanwhile cook the spaghetti in salted water until al dente ( about 5-7 minutes)
– when the onion and mushroom are soft, add in the anchovies. Stir well for 1 minutes until the anchovies become a paste
– add in the spaghetti and mix well
– add freshly ground pepper. Add more salt if needed.