I’ve been cynical for a long time of the so called no baked cake quality. For that reason, it’s taken me 10 years of not trying any recipe of making cake without the demand of an oven.
But people always have a wrong stereotype before she knows the altruism. I was craving for a choco cake and there’s no good quality cake shop in this small town that only wind can win. I made a cake with microwave support and the result came out so wonderful. There’s 1 more reason you should try this recipe : it takes you only 10 minutes to have the cake done. Easy to make and superb easy to eat, too.
My recipe is based in Eugenie’s Kitchen with some modification. I reduce the sugar amount and adding more baking powder to make the cake more softened. Of course, you can modify the aroma of the cake yourself. I only use Nutella without vanilla extract as usual because hazelnut itself is so sexy for me. Enjoy the cake with a cup of expresso. Life can’t be better.
– 1 large egg
– 3 tbsp milk
– 3 tbsp Nutella
– 1 tbsp and 2 tsp sugar
– 3 tbsp and 1 tsp cake flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tbsp cocoa powder
– 1 tbsp vegetable oil
– in a big mug, stir well all the ingredients except cake flour, cocoa powder and baking powder
– use a fine mesh strainer, strain all the dry ingredients and stir well the mixture
– microwave 1 minute, then microwave each 15 minutes later until the cake surface is no longer wet but not dry. The microwave power is different so your cooking time can be different. Usually it takes me 4-5 minutes to get the cake done.
– enjoy when the cake is still warm.