This week has been crazy for me as my stomach has felt upset every evening. Maybe I ate too much of beef that over supply the demand of meat of my body. Thus, I think of some salad that helps me balance the crazy stomach.
Cobb salad is an American salad that usually consists of Romaine lettuce, bacon, hard boiled egg, avocado, tomato, roasted chicken breast, blue cheese and red wine dressing. This salad takes you only 15 minutes to prepare, including boiling the egg and frying the bacon. In my version, I skip the bacon because I have eaten too much meat for this week and the dressing here is not 100 percent handmade. I mix a store-bought sweet Dressing and red wine. This is the fastest way for someone that does not have enough ingredients like garlic, herbs but still wants to enjoy this salad. In addition, I used assorted vegetables instead of only Romaine lettuce to satisfy my need for vegetables for this week.
Ingredients (for 2 servings)
– 1 avocado, pitted and diced
– 1 roman tomato, seedless and diced
– 2 hard boiled eggs, diced
– 1 big chicken breast
– blue cheese, crumbled as much as you like. I use only 1 tbsp for each person.
– vegetables for salad
– 8 tbsp of sweet dressing and 1 tbsp of red wine
– salt and pepper
– Slice the chicken breast into 2 thinner pieces then season both sides of each with salt and freshly ground black pepper
– use 1 tbsp of olive oil to fry the chicken. Each side needs 4 minutes to cook. Don’t over cook chicken breast or it will be very dry
– slice the chicken breast
– divide all the ingredients, except the dressing and red wine, equally into 2 dishes. Arrange vegetables at the bottom and other ingredients on top to have a beautiful decoration
– combine red wine with dressing then drizzle into the salad 5 minutes before serving.